Product: Exergen Temporal Thermometer
Category: Home, Health, Adults
Price: around $30.00
It's that time of year when the flu becomes lonely and searches out playmates. Unfortunately, it usually finds a playmate in our children or in the elderly populations, and creates havoc on a household in a matter of days. When our loved ones are ill, there isn't anything we wouldn't do to make them feel better. The best treatment is prevention. If you have a young child, an elderly family member or someone in your household with a weakened immune system, check to see if they are eligible to receive a yearly flu vaccination. It might not stop a flu from invading, but it has been reported that the shot does lessen the severity of the cycle--meaning your loved one will start to feel better, sooner.
The hardest part about being sick is the healing part. The constant temperature measuring, fluid drinking and medicine often makes it hard to do what you need to do most--REST! Yet, a newly designed product may make this task a little easier. Remember the days of attempting to get a temperature from your child? The challenges begin soon after birth as we are presented with the "best options" for getting an accurate reading. Doctors suggest many techniques for obtaining the temperature of your sick loved one, with the most common being the Oral, Rectal, Tympanic or Axillary methods. Lots of products on the market attempted to make this task easier. Remember the forehead temperature strip or the pacifer with the built in thermometer? Sometimes these options worked, but other times, the reading was so inaccurate that you weren't satisfied with the reading, however, you could never accurately read the mercury thermometers unless you could hold it just right into the light and only after three people attempted to read it did you have a fair estimate of the temperature. Introducing the Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer!!!
The Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer is an infrared thermometer which reads a temperature in as little as two seconds by a simple swipe across the forehead.
How To Take A Temperature:
- Remove protective cap. (trust me, you will attempt at some point to take someone's temp before removing the cap. Your error will result in a low reading)
- Position the probe flat on the forehead, midway between the eyebrow and the hairline
- Press and hold the SCAN button
- Slide the thermometer across forehead. Make sure the probe stays flush with the skin.
- The unit will beep, letting you know it is reading the temperature.
- When you reach the hairline, lift the device from the forehead.
- Read the results.
- Replace protective cover.
- (it can also be used to scan behind the ear if your loved one is experiencing sweating, injury or etc that would contraindicate a temporal reading)