F Scandle Shimmering Body Candle Review ~ Critique of the Unique

Featured Video

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Scandle Shimmering Body Candle Review


I absolutely love candles--mostly because they can change the ambiance of a room simply by stimulating the olfactory--but also because candles make me feel relaxed and cozy. So you can imagine my excitement when I heard about Scandle's new Shimmering Body Candle. I had never heard of a "body candle" before and so I was intrigued. Just what does a body candle do? Well, simply put, it turns a candle into a Scandle!

Scandle candles are designed to be used on the body! They can be used as a massage candle, a cuticle treatment, lotion or simply as aromatherapy. The Shimmering Body Candle burns at two degrees warmer than our body temperature, so it will not burn the skin, but will offer a completely wonderful shimmery lotion that not only moisturizes but also leaves the skin smooth and wrinkles less noticeable!


I must be really in the dark ages as I never knew such a product existed! When my candle arrived, I couldn't wait to try it! It's easy to use- simply light the candle and let burn for about thirty minutes or until the candle melts to the edges and then extinguish the flame. The melted portion of the candle is actually the lotion that will go directly on the skin. I assure you that there is no need to worry about the candle burning your skin. I was very skeptical at first and held my breath as the first drop landed on my skin and was relived that all I could feel was a pleasant warm sensation. It did not hurt a bit!

 The Scandle candle is amazing! From the moment it touched my skin I felt pampered and spoiled. It will definitely be a product I will use on a regular basis. The scent is luxurious and the lotion actually made my skin feel the softest it has felt in a long time! I love that. All the ingredients are natural and paraffin free, although it is not recommended for anyone that has an allergy to nuts or nut based products.

The Shimmering Body Candle comes in many wonderful scents such as Lavender, Love Spell, Hummingbird and many more including the holiday scents of Autumn Harvest and Pumpkin Pie Spice. A beautiful refillable ceramic canister with a pour spout is available as well, which makes it ideal for gift giving! It also comes in a travel size tin container, making it a "spa to go".

The candle lasts a long time and will burn for over 40 hours if used simply for the aromatherapy qualities and slightly less if used as a body oil (10 oz). I loved the fact that it left my skin feeling silky smooth and the scents are not overwhelming, which means I didn't get any complaints when I treated  my husband to a shimmering back massage.  He was a little shimmery when all was done, but he didn't seem to mind! What's great is that the Shimmering Body Candle  is innocent enough to be used in public situations and still seductive enough to go behind closed doors!

To learn more about the Scandle line of products or to follow by social networks, visit Scandle in the following places:


Where to Buy: The travel tin is only $13.95 and the refillable ceramic container with a pouring spout is only $22.95, with many accessory and gift items available for purchase as well directly from the website.




FTC Guidelines require that I disclose that I received the travel tin size Shimmering Body Candle from Scandle for the purpose of this review. No other monetary compensation was received. All opinions expressed herein are my own honest opinions. Other opinions may vary. 

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love your feedback! Remember to include your email address in your profile or on your first post for any giveaway entries or they will be disqualified.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites