F QuackGammon from Endless Games -Fun for the Whole Family! ~ Critique of the Unique

Featured Video

Sunday, October 10, 2010

QuackGammon from Endless Games -Fun for the Whole Family!

Okay, so I will admit, I have never played Backgammon. Not because it didn't look fun, but for the same reason I never learned to play Chess. I have no patience for rules and tend to change them to make them fit my version of the game. This does not work well when playing against someone who actually took time to read the rules...trust me on this...I've tried.

But, I have found a version of the popular Backgammon game that I can actually play without frustration. It might help that it is designed for ages 5 and up. (I am on the up). Not only can I play it, but my two kids can play it too and they actually love it! Who couldn't love it...it's called QUACKGAMMON and it's the new game by Endless Games.


Perhaps you've heard of Endless Games before. They produce such games Kismet, Encore, Spill and Spell, Slide 5, The Price Is Right, Family Feud and many many more! Endless Games was created in 1996 by Kevin McNulty and Michael Gasser, two game industry veterans. The line of games now includes QuackGammon...a fun version of Backgammon that can be enjoyed by the whole family.

It was easy to set up: A board game, six rubber duckies and two dice. The concept is just as easy-get your ducks from one side of the board to the next. The first person to get their ducks across the board, wins! Oh, there are a few more rules involved, but nothing that is hard to figure out! My kids loved it and they both caught on to the concept extremely fast. What I liked about it is it allowed for them to think before they reacted. At first they wanted to just roll the dice and move their ducks, but one time around with prompting for the rules, they got it!! The game moves along at a good pace as well. My son played several games in one sitting which is highly unusual for him! Another thing I loved is that the game pieces are big. No tiny little pieces to get lost making the game completely useless. And they are cute....who can't love a rubber ducky? Little hands can grasp these game pieces very well and they are color coordinated. The dice are color coordinated as well, so it is easy for little ones to tell which pieces are their pieces!



Endless Games has made our game time fun again and I highly recommend getting this game!! As the box says--"If you like Backgammon, you'll go Ducky for QuackGammon"!
  

Where to Purchase: QuackGammon can be found through many online venues and retail stores.. Check the store locator for a store near you!

FTC Guidelines require that I disclose that I received the QuackGammon game at no cost for the purpose of this review. No other monetary compensation was received. The opinions expressed herein are my own, honest opinions. Other opinions may vary. Thank you to Endless Games for providing this product for review. 


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love your feedback! Remember to include your email address in your profile or on your first post for any giveaway entries or they will be disqualified.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites