F How not to start a vacation! ~ Critique of the Unique

Featured Video

Monday, July 19, 2010

How not to start a vacation!

Vacations are supposed to fun and after all the planning, reservations and traveling...one kind of expects things to go well, from the beginning at least, and hopefully on through to the end. Today was DAY ONE of our vacation. My children, who usually bicker at each other during any extended period of time being cooped up in a vehicle, didn't argue even once! I thought..."WooHOO! This is what I'm talkin' about". We arrive to our destination, meet up with our friends that will be vacationing with us and head to the cabin in the woods that we've had reserved since last year!

As soon as we walked into the cabin, our mouths dropped. Simply beautiful! All of us are in agreement. When we retire we want a cabin "just like this". A few hours later and we are having nothing but bad luck and second thoughts. The glorious private hot tub on the back deck
-the one we couldn't wait to get into(and one of the main reasons we chose this cabin over cheaper cabins closeby-worked for about five minutes and then just quit. I don't know why and not sure what to do about it. Then, the kitchen faucet just fell off into my hand. Hmmm...by now I am thinking we are just having some strange luck. The advertised "fold out couch and loveseat" is a no go. Just regular couches. They did have two stow away beds in the closet. Just wished they had sheets to go on them. And now this--the thing they call free wifi, it works (surprisingly) but is so slow, it makes my WildBlue service at home look fast (those with Wildblue service will understand that comment, and those that don't have their service...well, let's just say the only thing slower than Wildblue is Heinz ketchup!)

But, I am trying to keep a POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE! I am thinking happy thoughts and hoping since we had all the bad luck on a Sunday, that our Monday will be freaking fabulous!!!! So, to kick off this fabulous Monday, I am going to show some Monday Love and enter some blog hops! Come along and hop with me!! A great way to meet some new friends and find some noteworthy blogs to follow.

The Follow Us Monday Morning Question of the Week: How did you get started with blogging?

Answer: I seen so many cute blogs on the web and debated and debated over it for several months. When summer vacation rolled around and I had more free time, I decided to take the plunge and create my own blog! It was a lot of trial and error, but I was determined to figure it out! That determination turned into my blog, Critique of the Unique.

Meet Me on Monday's Questions of the Week:
1. What is your favorite sandwich?
2. What is stashed under your bed/mattress?
3. What is your favorite flower?
4. What is your favorite magazine?
5. How often do you weigh yourself?


Answer:
1. My favorite sandwich would have to be a French Dip with au jus dipping sauce.
2. That would be pictures that I have no place to hang and art supplies
3. Tulips
4. Reminisce
5. About once a week. Pure torture I tell you, as I never like what it reads back to me.

GiveawayBlogdom
Photobucket





Smart and Trendy MomsPhotobucket




Photobucket

23 comments:

Hi Hazel, following you back :)
Good to see I am not the only one online right now.
Have a great Monday!

Hi Hazel,
Thanks for following. I'm following back now....
Have a Happy Vacation!!

Blessings,
Ruth
Underneath His Wrapping

I am following you from Admirer Monday.
It would be great if you could stop over to my blog and follow me back.

http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/

Thanks for joining Admirer Monday! I'm your newest follower! Hope to blog with you again soon!

Good morning! Thanks so much for coming to visit me -- now following along ... :)

foodfloozie.blogspot.com

following back!

Thanks!!

Melanie
Going Green with Noah
www.jonathanandmelanie.blogspot.com

Thank you so much to linking up with MGM and leaving comment!! I am happy to be your newest follower!! :o)

I'm here from Meet Me Monday! Stop by & visit me at www.giveawaysformom.com

Hi! Just visiting from Admirer Monday. I'm already one of your followers.

I LOVE French Dip Sandwiches! Thanks so much for visiting The Foodie Mommie. I am following you back!
Elizabeth

Hi Hazel, Thanks for following, I am now following back! Great blog :)

Oh I just love it. I found your blog through one of our Monday Blog hops and will definitely be following to read more of your unique critiques. I hope you'll come over to my blog and follow back. http://ashleysisk.blogspot.com

Uh oh, the faucet fell off in your hand and the open out sofas - don't open out? Hope things work out for you all, but let's see what falls of today. Helloe! I'm your newest follow from the Monday blog hop so I'll be keeping up. Hope you'll come visit and follow my blog too. I'd really like to be one of your blogging buddies. Happy thoughts out to you and the family!

Haupi
http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

thanks for following me. following you back. Hope your Monday is wonderful!

Hi! I found you on Monday Mailbox and am now subscribing and following. Thanks.

Jules
http://onebookshy.blogspot.com

Hi, following you from Mingle Monday.
http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm a new email subscriber & google connect follower thanks to admire monday :)

please visit my blog @
http://shining2save.blogspot.com

I am giving away a $25 Visa Giftcard & would love for you to enter

I'm your newest follower. Thank you for participating in Follow Us Monday Morning @ Frugality Is Free I hope you will stop by next Monday as well, and help spread the world.

Hi thanks for following, and I am following you back!
jbdownie5@yahoo.com
http://joannsbest.blogspot.com

Hi and thanks for joining Mailbox Monday! I'm following you via e-mail subscribe (olivesauctions AT gmail), Twitter (@BlackOlive03) and GFC.

Melissa ~ A little of this A little of that...
http://darwinsfrg.blogspot.com

Thanks for joining the hop today! Hope we'll see you again next week!! Sorry to hear about your vacation...
Katy
www.kdbuggie.blogspot.com

Oh no! Hope your vacation is going better than it started!
Visiting from Meet Me on Monday!

Thanks for following me, and the sweet comment! Your post above sounds like that movie The great Outdoors...nothing but bad luck. Yikes!Well, as you said, keep a good attitude, and you'll still have fun!
Kelsey
courageousmother.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Love your feedback! Remember to include your email address in your profile or on your first post for any giveaway entries or they will be disqualified.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites