F Arm & Hammer Kid's Spinbrush My Way Review ~ Critique of the Unique

Featured Video

Monday, July 5, 2010

Arm & Hammer Kid's Spinbrush My Way Review


My ten year old daughter loves to draw, paint and create! She spends most of her time doodling and cutting out her own version of paper dolls and then decorates them with colored pencils. Her favorite subjects in school have always been reading, art and music (more right brained activities) and I try to encourage her interest as often as possible.    
   
Red Bird-4th Grade




When I seen the new Arm & Hammer Spinbrush My Way battery powered toothbrushes, I knew this would be something she would absolutely love! The Arm & Hammer Spinbrush My Way toothbrush is designed for girls aged 3-12 years old (they pose a choking hazard for anyone younger then three) and it comes packaged with over 140 water resistant stickers that can be applied to the base of the toothbrush. I like the fact that it comes in white (all except for the battery cap and the bristles, which are in pink), like a blank canvas of sort, for creative hands to decorate their own special way! As soon as my daughter opened the box, she took the stickers out and laid them out in front her and I could see the little wheels turning as she decided which sticker represented her "style" the most!


Her first two sticker choices were the guitar and the skull and crossbones which she placed directly above the gem shaped on/off button. After that, it was an array of musical notes, XOXO's and "Girl's Rule", followed by her name on the backside surrounded by butterflies and an adorable kitten. In the process of decorating her toothbrush, the telephone rang. It was a friend of hers from church so I handed her the phone. Getting phone calls is a new thing for my daughter and she normally treats each phone call as if it is TOP SECRET and immediately goes to her room and shuts the door so she can talk in private.  Not this time! She sat at the table and continued decorating her My Way! When her friend asked her what she was doing, she commented back with "designing my own toothbrush", and then continued to explain to her friend about this "cool toothbrush" her mom got for her (compliments of Arm & Hammer).
As soon as she was done decorating her new "work of art", she asked to brush her teeth. Since she had never used a battery powered toothbrush before, she was a bit uncertain on how to use her new My Way. I think she had it in her mind that she did not have to do anything but set it to her teeth and let the rotating head do all the work, but I explained to her that she needed to be certain to gently brush her teeth back and forth the same way as she did with a manual toothbrush. Arm & Hammer designed the kid's My Way with a kid size rotating head for optimum comfort and ease of brushing and I didn't hear any complaints as she brushed her teeth.
Almost finished with the design process
 
Completed "Work of Art"
She had no idea that 38% of children brushed longer with a battery powered toothbrush (statistics provided by Arm & Hammer) and she was not interested in the fact that it reduced plaque nor that it massaged her gums (although such facts is why I am a supporter of the Arm & Hammer brand).  All that mattered to her was she was having fun!

I thought the novelty would wear off, but throughout the week, she continued her pattern of brushing her teeth with the same excitement of the first night. This is what matters most to me, that her oral hygiene needs are being met and that I do not have to fight her to brush her teeth as I did when she used a manual toothbrush.
Brushing my teeth is fun!

What Makes it Unique: Arm & Hammer Spinbrush My Way battery powered toothbrush allows a child to express their individuality. It allows them to take an active role in their oral hygiene and creates an interest as soon as the package is opened!

The Good: I like the fact that it comes packaged with the two AAA batteries necessary to make it work. With its kid-sized rotating head, it engages a child to brush longer (up to 38% longer) than a standard manual toothbrush and therefore decreases the amount of plaque and risk for dental caries. The handle is thicker than a standard toothbrush, which gives a child a better grip while brushing. The bristles are not so hard that they tear the gums.

The Bad: The rotating head cannot be replaced as in other types of Spinbrushes. However, the price makes for an easy replacement. I found the Spinbrush at our local Wal-Mart for a little over $5.00, and it can be found other places for around the same price or slightly higher. If you visit the Arm & Hammer website, you can find a $2.00 Off Coupon toward the purchase of a new Spinbrush (or for replacement heads for other Spinbrush battery powered toothbrushes) which makes for a very affordable toothbrush!

How to Get One: Visit your local Wal-Mart, Walgreens, K-Mart, Target or other mass retailer store or purchase online at Drugstore.com ($6.99 each or 2 for $10.00), and many more.



FTC Guidelines require that I disclose that I was provided with a complimentary Arm & Hammer Kid's Spinbrush My Way for the purpose of this review. I received no monetary compensation and all opinions expressed are my honest opinion and not influenced by Arm & Hammer in any manner. Other opinions may vary. 


Photobucket

13 comments:

Thanks for following me, I'm following you back!
I love your old car!
Songberries

Good morning! Following from the hop ... :)

foodfloozie.blogspot.com

Hi! Thanks for visiting. Im now following back. Have a great day.

Hi, I'm blog hopping from Take It From Me. I'm a new follower too. So very nice to meet you. My daugther has braces so she can't wait for them to come off. Have a great week!

Yoli :)

Great review! I want one for myself actually... ok so I am gonna get one :) Too cute!

I'm following you back from Welcome Wednesday. Great review...I might have to try one of these with my son! He's not horrible with the teeth brushing, but it is a bit of a chore at times and I never feel like we get his teeth super clean!

Have a great week!

Sandy
http://suddenlysandy.com

Great review...I think my daughter would LOVE this. Thanks for including info about the coupon too!

My daughter has it and LOVES it which makes me LOVE it!!!

Ana
floridafrugalfamily(at)yahoo.com

Hi,
I am following you from MBC.

Joanna
http://joannaslife.com

Thanks for visiting my blog! Following back!

Thanks for following me. Following you back.

Happy Friday.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Now following back!

Those spinbrushes are so much fun and really seem to make kids want to brush their teeth.

Post a Comment

Love your feedback! Remember to include your email address in your profile or on your first post for any giveaway entries or they will be disqualified.

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites